Monday, November 14, 2011

Some Cleaning and a Little Sewing

Had a nice, sort of relaxing 3-day weekend.  I needed it.  I took the opportunity to stay at home and do some things around here that I've been putting off for a while now, such as cleaning out the kitchen pantry.  It is amazing how many things got thrown out because of being out of date.  You can sure tell I don't cook as much now as I used to.  I'll be making up for that over Thanksgiving I'm sure, but it is nice to have my pantry organized so at least I can find things and know what I have.  
I did do a little sewing, I made a Christmas stocking for my soon to be born first grandchild.  I'm so excited and can't wait to welcome him into the world.  
Everything on this except the sewing together was done on the Bernina 830 in the Jumbo Hoop.  It turned out so darn cute.  A friend took a regular Christmas stocking pattern with hand redwork embroidery and using Designer Plus software turned it all into a machine embroidery design, including the quilting.  All I had to do was add the name where I wanted it. 

1 comment: